Semoran Pio Pio located on Semoran Blvd. and Michigan Ave. serving Colombian and Peruvian cuisine.
My co-workers and I decided to try out this place for lunch. We work by the airport so the restaurant selections are very slim. Well slim in the sense of finding a MEGA YUMMO place to eat!
The menu is fairly priced. The quality of food and service is superb. You can always get a good idea that the place is good when you see the place fill up with the local Latin community.
The menu was extensive, my fellow co-workers and I were boggled on which lunch special to try. There were 4 of us and we all tried to get something different from one another.
Instead of getting the rice and beans, I decided to go with something light, a salad.
This salad is great, it was basically a house salad but topped with a handsome amount of avocado. I love avocado!
What makes this salad unique is their dressing, it has a hint of garlic and spices that accentuates the creaminess of the avocado and the natural sweetness of the sliced tomatoes. It was a nice blend of flavors that boosted my salad to MEGA YUMMO!
Though I only had a chance to indulge my salad for a few minutes until the staff came marching out with all of our orders. I remember commenting on how that was really fast! One thing to note is that if you are on the prowl for a quick fix of Colombian food, this is a great place to get it!
My plate was sizzling and the smell of the sweet yellow onions was making my mouth salivate.
- The color was perfect
- The smell was fantastic
- The presentation was beautiful
- & the taste was… MEGA YUMMO!
I was ecstatic! And there was a moment of a satisfying silence as we all indulged into our MEGA YUMMO lunch.
All the ingredients were proven to be better. Fresh green cilantro topped my nicely grilled steak with tantalizing yellow onions overflowing the top of my juicy steak. It was a nice compilation that all went well with their special sauces.
This is what I recommend:
- Green sauce slightly spicy but works great on all types of meats: steak, pork, chicken, fish, etc.
- White sauce, not spicy, but has a mild taste of garlic. Works great on veggies: steamed yuca, fried yuca, salad, avocado, etc.
Here is why:
- The attributes of the Green sauce is like the spicy kick is incognito which then it enhances the flavors of all the seasonings on grilled steak or grilled chicken. It really moistens up the meat and brings out all the flavors in a sneak attack mode.
- The attributes of the white sauce brings out the flavors of bland vegetables; it is almost like it is a super power serum that pumps up the flavors of boring tasting foods.
All and all, the portions were large and I had to doggy bag it. Since I liked the sauce so much I asked for some to go. This place is Mega Yummo and I highly recommend it if you are around the Orlando International Airport area. There are also 2 other locations in Orlando.